Thursday, May 15, 2014

One Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni

I posted about my experiments with one pot meals lately, and I'm happy to say I have another success! This dish was so easy and delicious! We didn't even have leftovers, as both kids and hubby had seconds. I'd say that was a thumbs up from the family!

Here's what you need:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cups uncooked macaroni
3 cups beef broth
1/2 cup milk
3 TBSP ketchup
1 teas mustard (I just used one squirt, it looked like a teaspoon to me)
2 teas Montreal steak seasoning
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet or sauce pan, cook the beef together with the onions until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.

To the pot add the macaroni, beef broth, milk, ketchup, mustard and steak seasoning. Give it a good stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the pasta is tender. Stir it a couple of times while cooking so the macaroni doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.

Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until it's melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment