Monday, January 16, 2012

A Princess Milestone

In early December, the Princess got her ears pierced. Finally.

When she turned 9, we told her she could get them pierced if she wanted to. That was back in July. It took her a few months to work up her courage. We even went to the mall for the express purpose of ear piercing once but she backed out at the last minute.

Then her cousin Anna, who was born on the exact same day, got her ears pierced and assured the Princess that it wouldn't hurt. Much. And so the final choice was made and before she could change her mind, I took her to Claire's and the deed was done.

There were a few tears, mostly from fear of the unknown and not really pain.


Last week, she was able to change her posts out for other earrings. She chose the biggest pair of blingy earrings she could find!


Since then we have been treated to several earring modeling sessions where the Princess shows off her already-large collection of jewelry. It helps that Daddy makes wire and bead jewelry, so he's keeping her in good supply.


The Princess told me soon after the piercing that she felt so grown up now! Like she had gone from being a baby to an adult all at once. Boy, am I in trouble! LOL

Seriously, though, this has been a great experience for her. I wanted to wait until she was old enough to care for her ears herself. She proved to me that she was responsible and took great care of her piercing. I'm really, really proud of my little girl. I mean my little adult.

1 comment:

  1. She's a hoot!!! Wonder where she gets her love for bling???!!!!

    ReplyDelete