Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Dessert

In continuing with my pumpkin obsession, I came across this recipe and tweaked it a bit to spice it up. And by spice it up, I mean I used a spice cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix. Believe me, the spice cake mix took this dessert from being good to fabulous!

Here's what you need:

1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 teas pumpkin pie spice (if you use a yellow cake mix, increase this to 3 teas)
1 spice cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped nuts

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spice. Mix well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

In another bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls over the pumpkin mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cut into squares and serve. This is really yummy with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping!


  1. Oooh, that looks good. Last night I made a successful batch of pumpkin good! I look forward to more experimenting so I can get the recipe posted soon. I just love pumpkin! -

  2. oh my gosh, that looks so yummy!!! I will have to try this when we get settled in our new home.