Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Dessert

In continuing with my pumpkin obsession, I came across this recipe and tweaked it a bit to spice it up. And by spice it up, I mean I used a spice cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix. Believe me, the spice cake mix took this dessert from being good to fabulous!

Here's what you need:

1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 teas pumpkin pie spice (if you use a yellow cake mix, increase this to 3 teas)
1 spice cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped nuts

In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spice. Mix well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.


In another bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls over the pumpkin mixture.


Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.


Cut into squares and serve. This is really yummy with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looks good. Last night I made a successful batch of pumpkin pudding...so good! I look forward to more experimenting so I can get the recipe posted soon. I just love pumpkin! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, that looks so yummy!!! I will have to try this when we get settled in our new home.

    ReplyDelete